Ludlow Castle is a large and impressive castle ruin. It's earliest parts date back to the late 11th Century when the de Lacy family owned the castle.
It became Crown property in 1461 and was the seat of the Council of the Marches with responsibility for the Government of Wales and the border counties. The castle was abandoned following the abolition of the Council in 1689 and quickly fell into ruin. It has been owned by the Earls of Powis since 1811.
- The Castle is situated in the centre of Ludlow Town
- Ludlow Castle, Castle Square, Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 1AY
- Privately Owned. Open to the public. Admission fee
- For further information visit www.ludlowcastle.com
View Larger Map